Mindfulness in schools

I have recently brought my newfound love of mindfulness into the classroom. I have quite an 'active' Y4 class and they have benefited greatly from completing short meditations after break times. Initially they were quite sceptical and some even resistant but they now ask for meditation time and can talk about how it helps them to focus, clear their mind and get ready for learning. I use videos on YouTube to lead meditations and particularly like the following (most are aimed at adults but the children enjoy them all the same).
Kate Beddow is a great person to follow and she has produced some great lessons based on the Pixar film Inside Out.

There are also some other lovely ideas on this Pinterest page linking the film with mindfulness

At my school we use an amazing resource called 'Focused for Learning', written by Kelly Green in the Gloucestershire Healthy Living and Learning team. It is well worth investigating if you would like to introduce mindfulness into your class.

Facebook is another create source of inspiration and here are a couple of pages I follow providing some useful information.